Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is a retrovirus that infects the cells of the immune system, destroying or impairing their function. As the infection progresses, the immune system becomes increasingly weaker, making the infected person more susceptible to other infections. Since the first anti-HIV drug, GlaxoSmithKline’s (GSK’s) Retrovir (azidothymidine), was approved in 1987, major improvements have been made in the field of antiretroviral therapy (ART). This rapid progress has been headlined by the emergence of once-daily, single-tablet regimens (STRs) such as Gilead Science’s Atripla (efavirenz/emtricitabine/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate [TDF]), which offer patients an unparalleled level of convenience.
The HIV therapeutics market in Brazil was valued at approximately $337m in 2013. In contrast to the 7MM, where branded therapies dominate the treatment landscape, HIV drug sales in Brazil are primarily attributable to generics. The branded STRs and FDCs that dominated the 7MM in 2013, such as ViiV’s Epzicom and Gilead’s HIV franchise (Atripla, Stribild, Complera, and Truvada), are still unavailable in Brazil due to their high price tags, with the government instead opting for the use of cheaper generics to address the growing demand for ART.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/human-immunodeficiency-virus-hiv-brazil-drug-forecast-and-market-analysis-to-2023
– Overview of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
– Detailed information on the key drugs in the Brazil including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
– Sales forecast for the top drugs in the Brazil from 2013-2023.
– Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the Brazil Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) market.
Reasons to Buy:
– Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
– Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
– Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
– Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
– Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2013-2023 in the Brazil.
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/pharmaceuticals-and-healthcare
About Radiant Insights,Inc
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
28 2nd Street, Suite 3036, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519