The IPF therapeutic market is currently dominated by the only two drugs that have gained marketing approval for IPF – Roche’s Esbriet and Boehringer Ingelheim’s Ofev. Esbriet was the first drug to gain approval for IPF in 2011 when it was approved for use in Europe, a full four years before rival Ofev. However, both gained approval into the largest IPF market of the US on the same day in October 2014. The top-selling drug in IPF in value terms is Roche’s Esbriet, which analyst estimates generated approximately $572m in 2015 from the seven major markets. There is high R&D activity for the development of new therapies for IPF and eight promising therapies can potentially enter the market from 2015 to 2025. Numerous novel targets are being studied in the IPF pipeline, with major pharmaceutical players Roche, Sanofi, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Biogen all active in the development process. Other promising pipeline candidates include FibroGen’s CTGF inhibitor, Promedior’s PTX2 protein, Afferent’s P2X3 receptor antagonist, and MediciNova’s 5-LO/LT pathway inhibitor. The continued uptake of Esbriet and Ofev combined with the introduction of new novel drugs will shape the future competitive landscape and drive growth in the IPF market.
Key Questions Answered:
– What was the impact of Esbriet and Ofev on the IPF market following their FDA approval in 2014 and what is their future outlook within this market?
– What do physicians think about Esbriet and Ofev, and how they will be used for IPF during the forecast period?
– What is the significance of late-phase pipeline products and how will their launch shape the future treatment landscape in IPF?
– What are the unmet needs within the IPF market?
– What are the remaining opportunities within the IPF market?
Browse Full Research Report With TOC: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/opportunityanalyzer-idiopathic-pulmonary-fibrosis-opportunity-analysis-and-forecast-to-2025
– The main drivers of growth for the IPF market include the increasing uptake of Esbriet and Ofev, the launch of new novel treatment options during the second half of the forecast period, and the increasing number of prevalent cases of IPF.
– R&D strategies include the development of novel therapies, partnerships and acquisitions, combination of therapies, and targeting niche patient subpopulations.
– The IPF therapeutic market is characterized by significant unmet needs. The most pressing unmet need is the development of a product capable of either stabilizing or reversing progression of IPF. Current therapies Esbriet and Ofev do not address this need and are only capable of slowing disease progression.
– With high R&D activity in the IPF therapeutic market, physicians are looking forward to pipeline products becoming available, which will enable them to improve patients’ treatment.
– Overview of IPF, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and current treatment options.
– Annualized IPF therapeutic market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2015 and forecast for ten years to 2025.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, and implications for the IPF therapeutics markets.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of mid-stage pipeline drugs.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global IPF therapeutics markets. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to Buy:
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global IPF therapeutic markets.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global IPF therapeutic markets in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Track drug sales in the global IPF therapeutic markets from 2015-2025.
– Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/pharmaceuticals-and-healthcare
About Radiant Insights,Inc
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
28 2nd Street, Suite 3036, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519