Retailers are keen to invest in various ICT domains to gain competitive edge and more visibility in 2015. The need to engage customers and improve the shopping experience is further driving retailers towards adopting new technologies and platforms, which is expected to play a bigger role this year. While merchants focused more on in-store marketing strategies and multichannel retailing in 2014, this year is about investing in convergence and providing a unified experience for the shopper
– Survey finds that retailers are increasing their expenditure on disruptive technologies such as business intelligence, communications and collaboration, and cloud computing solutions in order to reach out to consumers more effectively and reduce operational time and costs.
– POS (point of sale) technology, beacons, wearables, augmented reality, and 3D printing are some of the technologies retailers are experimenting with to drive sales and enhance the shopping experience.
– Retailers are also vigilant about the growth of the mobile market in 2015, and feel the need to develop their own customized applications and integrate them with new features to improve customer experience.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/ict-investment-trends-in-the-retail-sector-enterprise-ict-spending-patterns-through-to-the-end-of-2016
This report presents the findings from a survey of 163 retailers regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how retailers currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including business intelligence, communications and collaboration, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by retailers. Through survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to retailers. The report also focuses on retailers’ ICT expenditure trends for specific technology areas, identifying the top three IT projects, and understanding the business challenges faced by organizations.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
– How ICT budgets are set to change in 2015 in terms of their overall size
– Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
– Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
– Which ICT functions retailers are interested in outsourcing
– Retailers’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as business intelligence, communications and collaboration, and cloud computing
– Factors that are influencing retailers’ investments in each technology category
– How retailers’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
– Retailers’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
– Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
– Insight into retailers’ preferred buying approaches
– Business and IT objectives that retailers’ are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
– Factors that are influencing retailers’ decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons To Buy:
– Understand how the retail sector’s ICT landscape is set to change in 2015 to prioritize your target market
– Comprehend how money are being allocated by retailers in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
– Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
– Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of retailers
– Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (business intelligence, communications and collaboration, and cloud computing)
– Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing retailers’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
– Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that retailers are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/ict
About Radiant Insights,Inc
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
28 2nd Street, Suite 3036, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519